Thursday, December 27, 2007

Don't make me rub my eye on you

So yesterday I woke up with mucusy discharge all over my eye. Yes, I said it. Now apparently all I talk about on my blog is gross stuff. Refusing to sift through feces for a piece of broken retainer, getting gross sick, and well, now this.

The good news: My fever went down yesterday. This means I have more energy and I don't feel like dropping to the floor every time I get out of bed.

The bad news: My sore throat got much worse and yeah, I woke up with conjunctivitis (pink eye). CRAP!

You know how my parents are. Overprotective, overbearing... call it whatever you want. That's them. They immediately insisted that I go to the doctor. This time I didn't fight them too much because I HATE HATE HATE crust. I hate the word "crust" if it's used to describe anything other than the outsides of pizza or pie. I hate feeling like my eye is leaking.

Day one:
Pink Eye on left eye (Yes, it looks like the right but it's the camera, you idiot)

It wasn't TOO bad the first day. But you know me... I always feel like everything is worse than it actually is... so to me? It was more like this.

Day One, Melissa-style:
When I went to the doctor, I was totally worried about how I would tell the doctor that I had lagana (oh, I don't know how to put tildes up in this bitch, so for you spanish speakers, you know what I mean)... so I asked my mom how to say it in English.

me: what do you say? Like... eye mucus? but that sounds kind of gross
mom: Well, why don't you just say discharge?
me: Oh, okay.

In the doctor's office, the doctor walks in and looks at my eye and goes...

Dr. Heredia: You had lagana in the morning, mija?

GOTTA LOVE VALLEY DOCTORS! THEY JUST GET ME :D

My mom @ Walgreens, about to bite my Dad's head off because the people at the pharmacy are stupid.


Despite my best efforts to stay healthy, I sit here today with strep throat and pink eye IN BOTH EYES. I woke up this morning and it had spread to my other eye. BLEH! Makes me laugh though because my dad was lysoling everything I touched. It got to the point where yesterday, I used the salt shaker and he refused to use it after me. Only I guess he really wanted salt so he put a napkin around it and used it like that. All of that and I still infect my other eye. Now I feel like rubbing my eye and spitting all over his belongings. That'll show him.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think im dyslexic cuz when you wrote you had lagana in your eye, I read it as lasagna. Im like first, why would you have lasagna in your eye and second when is lasagna spelled with a '~' over the n? I think I have to give my MBA back if I keep this up. :)

Feel better and hope the lasagna clears up soon.