Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Ho, ho, ho, y'all :)

It's that time of the year again, folks. For some reason, I wasn't very much in the Christmas spirit this year. I don't know what went wrong. I'm usually all about Christmas. A few weeks before, you can usually hear me humming or singing along to Christmas songs and talking about how great the holidays are going to be. But this year, I had several fights with people in my passenger seat. NO I do not want to listen to that radio station that switches to Christmas songs all day, every day until the 25th.

To tell you the truth, today hasn't been spectacular. It's been just as I expected. A disappointment. I woke up with a 102.5 fever. I've had the chills and I've spent most of my time in bed. My mom brought up the emergency room several times, but after the retainer incident, I think I'm steering clear of hospitals for a good while. :-p Christmas just doesn't feel like Christmas anymore.

But you know what? I had a pretty great Christmas eve. My mom's side of the family has gotten together on Christmas eve for as long as I can remember. This year, however, my Aunt Linda and her family decided to spend Christmas in San Antonio. My brother's in Puerto Rico with Natalia. So this was the first year when our numbers were basically cut in half. Originally, my parents and I were just going to spend Christmas by ourselves but were pleasantly surprised when my Uncle George and his family still wanted to get together. So we actually spent the entire day at his house. My mom made menudo, we played jenga and pictionary, we saw oooold family home videos, we hung out and talked/laughed, the kids finally opened up a few presents and overall, it was a great, chill time. I'm pretty satisfied about the way it turned out. :)

So my Christmas Eve made up for a pretty shitty Christmas.

Now, I just hope I get better!

1 comment:

Jorge said...

Hey Mely, Merry Christmas! Looks like you had a great time with the family! Tell your family I said hello and happy holidays! And especially tell your grandpa, "archt."

"You better believe it!" :-p